Notice for Australian Visa Medical Evaluation
At Beijing International Travel Healthcare Centre
According to Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), after receiving the notice for medical examination from the Australian Embassy or Consulate, certain applicants applying for oversea studying, relative visiting, working or immigration shall undergo medical examination and/or chest X-ray prior to his/her visa interview.
Beijing International Travel Healthcare Centre (Beijing ITHC) serves as a panel site designated by the Global Health (GH) Branch of DIBP.
Site address: 25th Floor, Jin’ao International Building (North), 17 Madian East Road, Haidian District, Beijing.
08:00-11:30 and 13:00-16:00, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
l Telephone for reservation and consultation: 010-58648801 (at working time)
l FAX: 010-64296161
l Post: 100088
¡ Beijing ITHC:
¡ For more information, please visit:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/health-requirements/, to review the Health Requirements for Temporary Australian Visa and Health Requirements for Permanent Australian Visa.
Required Documents for Medical Evaluation:
1. The valid original passport of the applicant. If the passport has been submitted, a valid original ID card can be acceptable.
2. Medical examination notice from the Australian Consulate. If the information was submitted online, the electrical notice (eMedical letter) must be printed.
3. One recent (within 6 months) passport photo.
4. Applicants with chronic disease, major disorders, history of hospitalization or under current medical treatment should provide the valid medical record or certificate (e.g., case file, discharge abstract, operation record or pathological report) and the prescription list to the physician before the medical evaluation.
1. Applicants MUST make telephone reservations for the Australian Visa Medical Evaluation.
2. After the notice for medical evaluation is received, a reservation for the evaluation should be made as earlier as possible. Applicants should confirm that the notice contains an HAP ID/TRN/HEALTH REQUEST ID. Individual information, the above code and the appointed date for the evaluation will be noted by clericals for reservation.
3. Applicants MUST come with all the mentioned documents to Beijing ITHC at the reservation time. As required by DIBP, the identity of the applicant will be verified and logged in prior to the medical evaluation.
4. The exact items of the evaluation depend on the requirements on the Consular notice and the exam type..
5. Based on an applicant’s exam type, he/she MUST finish corresponding forms (alone or assisted by physicians)
6. Applicants should get enough rest and avoid alcohol or greasy food before the examination. Fasting is not required.
7. Valuables are not advised to bring, and no accessories are suggested to wear when having examination.
8. Applicant with vision or hearing impairment should wear his/her glasses or hearing aid to the medical evaluation.
9. Female applicants should avoid menstrual period. The evaluations suggested to be done 3 days before or after the period.
10. Applicants using long-term medications (e.g., hypertension, diabetes or hormone therapy, etc.) should take the routine dose and bring the medicine(s) on the day of the evaluation, to avoid condition fluctuation.
11. Applicants with current fever or acute infectious disease should postpone health examination if possible.
12. The first morning urine should not be use as a urine specimen as the lab results could be affected.
13. Applicants under 16 years old should be accompanied by parents or guardians for medical evaluation.
For applicants submitting information online, medical reports will be uploaded by panel physicians through eMedical to GH, DIBP within 3 business days.
Applicants with abnormal findings where require additional examinations will be contacted by Beijing ITHC, and should follow certain instructions and requirements to return to corresponding medical sections at the appointed time, with valid personal ID, for further tests or inquiries.